Hedeen & Caditz is a construction and complex litigation law firm located in Seattle, Washington.
We provide construction law services to local, regional, and national construction companies and
to public and private owners doing business in the Pacific Northwest, Alaska and Hawaii. Our size
allows us to provide direct and efficient service to our clients. Hedeen & Caditz’ goal is to serve
our clients effectively, efficiently, and responsibly and our success in achieving that goal is reflected
by the repeat business and referrals we receive from our clients.
Hedeen & Caditz takes a strong interest in helping our clients navigate the tricky waters imposed
by increasingly complex construction contracts. We offer preventive legal advice and strategies
before problems develop. We work to keep our clients out of disputes. If a dispute is inevitable, we
represent our clients zealously.
Hedeen & Caditz’ work in the construction law area includes:
Hedeen & Caditz provides legal representation and advice pertaining to labor and employment law.
Our work includes union matters, union grievances, wage employment law, retaliatory employment
termination, wrongful termination of employment/demotion, sexual harassment, overtime pay
claims, family medical leave and discrimination in employment.
- Contract and subcontract preparation, review and negotiation
- Prime contractor and subcontractor bid disputes and protests, including bid shopping
- Construction disputes, including extra work claims, labor inefficiency claims and claims for
default terminations and terminations for convenience
- Lien, bond and retainage claims
- Labor and employment issues
- Representing the interests of insurers on surety and fidelity issues, including coverage
- Dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and litigation
Hedeen & Caditz' complex litigation and trial experience includes years of experience representing
plaintiffs in wrongful death and serious personal injury cases. Our litigation experience gives us a
unique understanding of how to succeed and to obtain the best possible results on behalf of our
clients. We have a history of recovering significant awards for our clients.